Plus Ultra indeed!

Spoiler
Show
That being said, I'm a mixed bag about this reveal. It's something people have theorized for awhile, and while as a theory it made sense and was absolutely reasonable and expected of ol' scar face to do... I do feel like it cheapens things a bit. The idea that sometimes in this universe you just lose the super power lottery in a terrible way- which we still do get with Toga of course, but Tomura having this as well kinda felt right, especially since Deku was a fun mirror of that as someone who didn't lose... but also didn't win.

Of course now I'm thinking, since they got this quirk from one of The Doctor's facilities... it's gonna turn out that Deku did have a quirk, and it was the Decay-and-Rebuild quirk that they broke to create Decay, and the reason why no one has noticed Deku's quirk is because he now has an "invisible" quirk, in "the ability to reverse Decay". I bring this up as an idea purely and only because, as cool as it would be for third string classmates and Eraserhead to be the final killing shot of this final lashing out of a dead man, Deku has to be the one who solves this problem, and brother don't got no arms no more.

I'd love to be wrong, especially since Shoot Style exists. He doesn't NEED arms, so he can kick the final **** out of this ghost of All For One and then connect to Tomura to get him back without using his arms. He doesn't need to get them back.

... but on the other hand, god this entire chapter was sick. The last vestiges of an ancient monster revealing that in the end he had such a dope-fish of a face is incredible. The page turn of Deku's arms being bloody, broken stumps is incredible. The page turn to Eraserhead leaving a portal that's part black part white, showing that in some way he HAS gotten through. The fact that, at the end of the day, EVERY classmate gets a moment to shine. It's good! It's genuinely quite good! It also doesn't erase Bakugou's triumph over the actual All For One because this is just a single shard that refuses to fade away, not the real guy. It's... it's fine. It's good. It's another situation where I kinda need to see how it ends before my thoughts can fully settle one way or the other!