View Single Post

Thread: Persona! Gosei High

1. - Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Persona! Gosei High

Quote Originally Posted by Roguewolf View Post
    Yoshiro and Arata both sigh in relief as the others answer them.

Yoshiro speaks first to Akiko. "I..... don't know. Seems like everyone else got a change except for me."

Arata nods at Chrétien's qeustion. "I'm fine friend. Just, on edge now." Chrétien and Sakuma both see Arata shiver a bit. "That..... I have no idea what it was. But the sounds it made, what it pointed out....." He clutches the naginata at his feet.

"Sakuma is right though, we need to get out of here and find help. That lightning...... even being inside could have some lasting effect." Yoshiro nods in agreement and helps Akiko up before making his way upstairs.

As you all crest the first floor, you notice that all the lights are out. The tv that had been running the news is off, and the illumination given is granted through the moonlight filtering into the windows. It's much brighter than it had been. Yoshiro stops and gasps seeing the night sky.

"Guy's..... why is the sky red?" A blur races across the window, and he jumps again. "THE **** WAS THAT?!"

Spoiler: Notice, Proficiency
    Show

Spoiler: Success:
    Show
    That was not a squirrel, it almost looked like a small goblin.

Spoiler: Failure
    Show
    Probably a cat.

Arata puts his free hand on Yoshiro's shoulder. "It's ok, probably just a squirrel or something. I hope anyway." He looks at the sky as well. "Guess we should chance finding the hospital, but now this just seems way too weird."

Yoshiro seems to pause for a long moment before nodding. "We should be able to make it outside and to the hospital quickly, but we'll need to go there directly. Seems like a lot of movement is happening so we may not be the only ones looking for help."

Spoiler: Mixed successes all around!
    Show
    Proficiency: 2d6+1 8

Chrétien saw the Goblin! I did not know they were tourists as well.

Knowledge: Tengu: 2d6 8

Chrétien knows a little about the Tengu!

“No, mes amis,” Chrétien replied quietly as he looked out the window. “That was a lutin, which I believe is not unlike your tengu — although what I know from them is somewhat sketchy.

He turned to face the room.

“If any of us were sailors, I would be happier with our situation than I am.”

“Somehow, I do not think TV5Monde will be available,” Chrétien quipped as he walked to the television, “but if we can find the news, there may be a more comforting explanation for our situation than mass hysteria.

He attempted to turn the television on.

“I, for one, am inclined to believe in m’lady,” he said reverently, “and to embrace my calling. But it would be prudent to confirm.”

Chrétien frowned as the television did not respond.

“Would you prefer to believe your eyes that we have crossed into another Otherworld, mes amis, or would you prefer to cling to the thought that the electrical arc damaged the television?”
    Last edited by mmdeforrest; 2024-04-07 at 08:41 PM.