View Single Post

Thread: High level one shot [3.5, closed]

1. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Seeking GM for mid-to-high one shot [3.5, seeking DM]

With a 63 you only get a mediocre DM. Here is my pitch:

Theme: Very Classic (Oldie) High Fantasy Dungeonslayer stuff with Norse and Celtic themes.

300 years ago, the heroes Wiglaf and Beowulf defeated the Great Dragon Ashardalon who had killed many in retaliation for the theft of a single golden cup from his hoard. The dragon's body was never found after it plummeted into a wild gorge. Beowulf died in combat and no magic could bring him back. With the richness of the dragon's hoard, your ancestors became powerful Thanes, ruling over thousand of men and pushing the boundaries of their kingdom into the forests before untouched. Their greed created hatred and resentment from fae and men alike and war ensued.
    The fae opened the doors to savage creatures to wage war against men, but they couldn't control them all. A period of darkness ensued, with Castles and Monasteries drawing the scattered humans to their walls, fleeing the beasts released by the fae. Dislodged, the human kingdom divided in four duchies, one of which soon was obliterated by the wildest of the dark beasts released by the fae. The fae had managed to push back men, but their losses were great and tragic.
    For 100 years, there has been a relative peace as both fae and men cleaned the dark beasts that remained. But humans are once again growing in numbers and in their short lived memories there's no place for memories of the war, they start to push beyond where they should go. However, a few years ago, something strange started to happen, slow and steadily, newborns began to show a lack of spirit, as if their childhood had been stolen. It took some time before it became apparent that this was general and that it was not exclusively a human issue.

Who are you?
    You are either The thane of one of the three human kingdoms or a hero of the fae (I won't take more than one Fae hero though). And you are about to venture into the barren lands that once were the fourth human kingdom in search of clues about the illness that plagues newborns.

Spoiler: IF Bel likes the pitch
    Show
    Recruitment: Three characters. Each will have a cohort (lover, squire, etc) UNLESS you have an animal companion or familiar.
    I want concepts first, you can start rolling and doing crunch, but I really won't review sheets right now.

Deadline: Concepts accepted until Saturday 13th. Then I'll be traveling from the 15 to the 25th. But we will discuss with the shortlisted players on final character submission.

16ish:

Looking for 3 players
    3.5 one shot kinda dark in theme
    70/30 Hack&Slash/Roleplaying (Mostly among PCs)
    LVL 16 Single track
    Standard WBL
    No multiclass penalties
    Fractional BAB
    MAX HP
    Point buy 28 or standard 4d6b3 x6 if you are feeling lucky
    Races and classes: Humans, Dryads (standard from the MM), Grigs and Pixies.
    Classes Any class that fits the theme (I'd be the judge) in the sources.
    Sources Core + Complete +Spell Compendium+ Book of Exalted Deeds and Draconomicon
    2 Bonus feats.

Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2024-04-08 at 11:14 AM.