Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
I like it but would tweak it slightly; "your concentration on this casting of Hex does not prevent you from concentrating on another spell or effect." Similar functionality (you can have Hex and another concentration effect active simultaneously) but it would still be possible to lose concentration on it due to damage or incapacitation. I'd also add the Subtle mechanic into this invocation since the eye's appearance itself would be enough to enable counterplay.
Evil Eye
Prerequisite: must know hex.
When you cast hex, you may choose to have your left eye take on a supernatural appearance denoting its vile power. It may have its sclera turn black or crimson, continually drip tears of blood, glow with power, or any other mark of its supernatural charge. If you do, you may cast it without components (though the eye's transformation makes it obvious you're casting a spell) and as if cast from a spell slot one level higher. As long as your evil eye is showing, you may concentrate on other spells or effects while maintaining concentration on hex. If your concentration is broken, it is broken for all things you are concentrating on at once.

Also added +1 spell slot level, basically allowing somebody investing in an invocation for hex to get 8 hours out of it at level 3. I consider the further upgrade at a higher level to 24 hours to be a much less significant jump, even though it definitely has utility.