Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
Don't ask people that, ever.
EVER.

If someone thinks (rightly or wrongly) that they're widely hated, they are likely to also expect that any response they could give to that question, including silence, will amplify and spread the (perceived) hate.

I'm speaking from experience here. I used to think everyone hated me. I don't now, but I did.
Thanks for the tip. I wasn’t aware. :O

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
I don't know you well enough to hate you. Also, I've seen you around a decent bit and not seen anybody say with no prompting "don't talk to Ionathus. If you acknowledge him, he'll feel welcome, and we don't want that because he's a ****ty person" so... clearly you're less hated than I was when I thought everyone hated me.
People said that to you? That’s awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
I asked Metastachydium to post the OP when I was having severe access issues last weekend. On reflection I should’ve included a bit more context.

I’m teaching a section on languages that will include Láadan, a constructed language intended to fully express the nuances of female experience in its structure and lexicon. I was hoping for some artwork that showed women in a council or circle of some sort, to reflect the idea of women using Láadan to speak among themselves.

Sadly I’ve been having no luck finding anything like what I want through Google image search. I was hoping for a Council-of-Elrond feel, with women, but using decent artwork rather than the tacky things found on stock photo sites. I’d like it to be fantasy or science fiction rather than modern-day. Still open to suggestions if anyone can find something within those parameters.
Maybe you could find a screenshot of the Council and just replace the faces with the faces of famous female linguists.