Okay, I fell a bit behind on the building front (and still am behind, sadly), but basic frame is done and ready: meet Utra Griivens, (Air )Shugenja( of the All-Seeing Eye) 6/Paragnostic Apostle 1

I'll roll some hp now, and then I'll only have to equip her and make her fluffier: (5d6)[4][4][1][2][4](15) and (1d4)[1]. Speaking of which,

Quote Originally Posted by CircleNavigator View Post
How did your character come aboard?
Likely to much of the professional sailors's dismay. She is an associate of the Learned Society, albeit not a full member.

Who answers to the captain?
Utra does, but only if the captain asks interesting questions. She works under Zipnog, perhaps as a secretary of some sort. At any rate, she doesn't take orders from weird-smelling sailor people.

Do you receive pay from the quartermaster?
She wouldn't say no to that (junior researcher are not terribly overpaid), but that is rather unlikely.

Or do you go where you please?
Certainly not. The Fairhorn Expedition is out in the ice for a reason! She is loyal to both Zipnog and the project overall, and in order not to see the whole endeavour utterly fail with no saving grace to the failure, she understands that restoring the ship to a working condition and keeping its crew alive appear neccessary.

Do you yearn for home?
For science, one perseveres in hardship; enough said.

Or seek to escape?
For science, one perseveres in hardship; enough said.

Is anyone a stowaway?
Well, Utra isn't, but someone of her size is easy to stow away somewhere if the space she'd otherwsie occupy is needed for other purposes.