View Single Post

Thread: The Shackles [PF2e Remaster]

1. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: The Shackles [PF2e Remaster]

If you're still taking applicants, I'd love to have a chance to join. I have a few questions about the game though. You mention that the game will include under the sea stuff a few times. Do we, as players, need to be building our characters with some way to overcome breathing underwater and having a swim speed, or will there be story-related access to those necessities? I only ask because constantly having to do endurance checks to hold breath and athletics to just tread water will be a big slow-down, so I wanted to know if I need to build around that, or if it will be dealt with in-story, or if it was just flavor text and underwater exploration and combat is going to be less prevalent than implied?

Either way I would love to join, I just want to make sure I'm not building a character that ends up dead in the water.

Also, would you allow any homebrew/playtest content (with discussion of course!) in this game? I have a few that I'd be interested in maybe working into the game based on party needs, and I just wanted to know if there was any tolerance for that at all? If not, I can make due, I just have been wanting to playtest my homebrews for a while now.

Hope to hear back soon!

Edit: I figured I may as well post the specific Homebrew things I'm wanting to playtest. I would like to play a Skald Barbarian who takes the Battle Dancer archetype. They would be a performance-based battle-dancing song-singing encouraging melee bruiser freedom fighter! I haven't narrowed down the ancestry yet, but that's the basic idea. I would also consider doing a regular Bard Battle Dancer, but I envision this character as not having magic, so I'd really prefer them to be the Skald Barbarian Instinct instead if you're ok with that.

Also, some information about me as a player, I pretty much always check the forums Monday-Friday between 3-11 p.m. CST and can make several posts each day during that window. Outside of that window and on weekends, I am a bit less active on the forums, but I have forum notifications set to my phone, so whenever something is posted I can reply quickly assuming I'm awake. I'll do my best not to slow things down, and I'd be glad to help out with anything you might need me to do!
    Last edited by Nuptup; 2024-04-03 at 10:21 PM.