Maynard follows to the lodge and stands guard as his companion transforms. He will also carefully look over the lodge from the outside to assess options for fortifying it or concealment, in particular number of entrances and how hard they'd be to cover, and the structural soundness of the lodge, including the possibility of partly caving it in in order to make it more defensible.

It doesn't seem feasible for me to make it into town, nor to get close enough to send up a signal for help, not that I have anything notable to signal with. You're still quite wounded I believe from that things claws earlier. Its a tough call though, while the odds of sneaking are poor, they do say that trying to hide out for the night seldom works either. I've got a small amount of healing I can do, but channeling such energies would attract attention, so its best avoided except for a last ditch attempt to run or avoid death. Not sure what the best odds for your own survival are, your stealth would let you get close to town, but making it all the way would still be some risk, as there's few places to hide in the final stretch. If we both hunker down around here I suspect you'd be better off hiding nearby rather than in here, that way I can aid you if they somehow notice you, but if they only see me you can stay hidden and at least ensure my body makes it back tomorrow. Whereas if you were inside the shack as well they'd surely notice you. Though there are advantages to the hut in terms of shelter and avoiding being surrounded.

Spoiler: OOC: architecture skill roll
Show

(1d20+5)[25]