1. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [PF1 Altered - Low Level Gestalt] Isekai Adventures

Quote Originally Posted by Talivan View Post
    Don't know about FFd20, but will review it in the future to get more ideas for this PF mode. Yes anything from d20pfsrd is a fair play
    Final Fantasy d20 has a much higher baseline feature set in their classes than does standard Pathfinder. Take a look at the Illusionist, for example: Full casting, there are nine levels where the class gets two non-casting features on the class table... and "two per level" is as low as it goes. Many levels get three features, and a few get four or more. Ignoring the cantrips and limit breaks universal features, they have 20 (casting) + 56 (table entries) = 76 RFS... and I picked that as a random caster example from the class list. Most others work similarly.
    Yes, 3P is allowed
    Handy.
    Kitsune is 10 RP according to calculations:

0 RP: Standard ability score modifier
    0 RP: Medium size
    0 RP: Humanoid
    0 RP: Normal base speed
    1 RP: Low-light vision
    3 RP: Change shape (lesser)
    2 RP: Agile = skill bonus
    2 RP: Kitsune magic ~ Gnome magic
    2 RP: Natural weapons = Bite (increased by one size category)
    0 RP: Standard languages
    -----------
    10 RP
    Which means I could grab two 1st level at-will spell like abilities (or one at 2nd) for four points and get two bonus class skills for the "final" point. Handy.

Are spells tied to alternate systems valid for this? I'm specifically looking at Heroic Fortune with the intent of being a between-combat recharging station for the entire party (the "recall" option from Using Hero Points), allowing everyone to go nova every combat.

My alternate plan for that would be Celestial Healing and possibly Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon depending on my final class picks.
    1. Familiar = Simple Feature, Animal Companion and similar = Staged Feature, Eidolon and similar = System Feature
    Note that an Animal Companion gets something at every level except 7th, 11th, and 19th. So it's a very expensive staged feature (a limited version of which can also be had for 2 or 3 feats, with a fourth ).

Also... you're discussing class features as a complete pool on a 20th level build (e.g., casting is 20 RFS). Are we to approach them in that manner, aka, it doesn't matter what level the "traded out" feature comes from or the "traded in" feature shows up at?
    2. Yes, these are called now Staged Features, you need to pay for each stage
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    Cool, cool, cool...
    5. Nope, each side has it's own RFS pool, but that's an interesting game mode for the future
    But feats are valid choices for RFS slots, so in trading out, say, Paladin casting, the Whatever//Paladin would then have twenty feats that are simple generic feats, (potentially applying to the other side: e.g., an [caster]//Paladin picking up metamagic and item creation feats from losing Paladin Casting)?

And... speaking of item creation feats, does pre-game crafting grant the discount (potentially making double the game's already doubled WBL) or is it just fluff?
    6. Yes, but you need to weight the RP cost (as Kitsune sample above), and you can increased it to a 15 RP (maximum allowed), same for all other races under 15 RP
    7. Yes, do I need to specify it?
    Not really, I was just making sure.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2024-04-03 at 06:46 AM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.