View Single Post

Thread: Ruins of Azlant: The Lost Outpost [IC]

1. - Top - End - #299
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Ruins of Azlant: The Lost Outpost [IC]

Arsenne looks around, pausing a bit longer in front of the statue of the elk-headed man and the ornate bow, and responds:

"Indeed, this looks very much like a shrine to Erastil, also known as "Old Deadeye". He is an older god, from before the age of Darkness. As a god of hunting, farming, family and trade, I presume he must have a lot in common with your own revered 'Ketephys', may his hunts be ever fruitful. He would seem to be a reasonable choice as the patron deity for a remote wilderness colony such as this one. You know -- self-reliance and all that...."

He smiles a bit, focused on nothing in particular, then adds: "I always had a soft spot for his followers because they were so often at odds with the followers of Abadar. But I found them far too uncouth and ragged-looking for my tastes."

He looks at Thikh'ness and then the others and says: "The ability to detect magic auras is something that my own goddess will readily grant me should I request it during my morning meditations. This morning, however, I did not make such a request, not knowing beforehand that we would arrive at this island today. If one of you has that ability available now, I am very curious about this longbow, the large wooden carving, the statuette, the shrine and the altar. I would even ask you to check if there is any residual magic on those two piles of ash."

He looks at the Statuette of the half-human and half-avian and says with a determined tone: "If you all do not object, I am going to mend this wing. It might not be a master-piece, but I simply cannot stand by and ignore a broken piece of artwork."

Spoiler: Orison
    Show
    If nobody objects or moves to prevent him, Arsenne casts the orison 'mending' to fix the wing on the 3'foot tall statuette of a half-human half-avian.
    Last edited by Diavolo; 2024-04-01 at 11:01 AM.