1. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: The Shield of the North: 5E campaign, combat

Quote Originally Posted by TriciaOso View Post
    Looks great to me! Think about what you want Shad to be doing in the downtime between Wintertides, though. I see a bunch of potential personal threads you could pursue over the years but we should make sure we're on the same page and you have a story you want to develop as she gets stronger.
    Awesome! Yeah, thoughts I had for downtime would be her trying to enter fighting rings (underground or legitimate), and if there's not much in the way of that then often getting into brawls in public places where the crowd would be more rowdy anyway. She'll probably get in trouble with the law a bit.

I also figure that she might actually take well to the culture of this place, maybe not the grimness, but I imagine there's quite a bit of civic militaristic pride in being the only thing standing between the civilized world and utter destruction year after year. And that militarism and respect for the fighting spirit and sort of brother/sisterhood of warriors would likely be something she connects with on a deep emotional level that slowly convinces her to make this place her home.

I also imagine in terms of mechanical growth, depending on whether she connects more with the militaristic discipline side of the militia, or the spiritual and cultural connection of those who fight alongside each other, she will lean toward either Battle Master or Rune Knight. I could imagine her connecting with the Goliath population's culture and heading toward learning the ways of runic magic, or maybe choosing to join up with the military full time here and training more advanced techniques.

Edit: Also added a character portrait:
    Spoiler: "Shad" aka Charity "Shatterheart" Humboldt
    Show
    Last edited by Breitheamh; 2024-04-01 at 08:01 AM.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

Fistful of Fate character: Aereck Tarrinsen