Quote Originally Posted by Benoojian View Post
Why did they assume she was going to Exalt? Even the best breeding, like literally your mother is the Empress, is basically a coin flip. And it just goes down from there. Was there a prophecy about the twins or something? Non-Exalts still get great positions, because there are millions of peasants for the families to rule over.

And why would they let you leave instead of calling the Wyld Hunt if you were already basically disowned? That's a lot of leeway to give and most dragonblooded families wouldn't go half as far for their child since the orthodox teaching is that when they become Anathema a demon eats their souls and replaces them.
Yeah! What are the odds of [unlikely thing] in Exalted? Pulls me right out of it. How am I supposed to get sucked into the verisimilitude of my glowing god punching kung fu now?

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
Okay. So I’m working on my background and I have decided to recycle a very old character of mine.

TLDR on her is:

Born in Lookshy to a prominent family as one of a pair of identical twins.

She grew up with everything. Eduction, training, everything the family had.

Her sister exalted as a Dragon-blooded as was proper. Petals did not.

She became an object of scorn in the family, and was relegated to a life of mediocrity.

She was sent to check on an outpost for no reason other than to get her out of sight. And that is when she exalted as a Solar.

She became a pariah. Sent out with nothing else, and a sentence of death should she return.
I got a guy who’d absolutely sponsor/help hide a fellow ex-dynast if’n that appeals or interests you at all.