Quote Originally Posted by Talivan View Post
- Bonus INT points from equiped/held Magic items or temporal bonuses doesn't give you extra spells known, only permanent increases does.
Was this supposed to be "doesn't give you extra spell slots"? Because high casting attribute doesn't give you extra spells known in the base system.

Classes
- All your PF class special features are transformed into Regular Feature Slots (RFS)
- All systems like Spellcasting, Martial maneuvers, Spheres, etc are transformed to 1 RFS per level
- You can buy Class special Features or system levels from original class features or any Archetype available to your class within Level restriction
- You can buy a system level with 1 RSF. I.E. A Paladin can buy 1st level of spellcasting (but cannot cast spells until Lv4 as per Paladin spellcasting progression system, same for other systems), 1 level of Martial Maneuvers and 1 level of Spheres of might spending 3 RSF at 1st level, he can continue buying levels until Lv 20 spending 3 RSF each time.
- You can buy a Bonus Feat with 1 RFS
- You can buy special Features from Prestige Classes at 2 RFS rate, you must still qualify for that Prestige Class to be able to pick from
I want to see if I'm understanding you correctly.

When I take a level in Paladin, instead of having any class features, I have "Regular Feature Slots". I have a certain number of these Slots at every level, which I can fill with class features of my choice. The list of things I can purchase using RFS is as follows:
  • Class features from the class I took
  • Class features from that classes archetypes
  • Subsystem access (spellcasting, spheres, maneuvers), which costs 1 RFS at every level to keep it advancing as normal
  • A bonus feat
  • Class features from PrCs (which I must qualify for, and which costs double the normal price)

Presuming that I've understood you correctly, I have several questions.

1) How many slots do we get per level in a class?

2) Does the number of slots gained change for classes that have a good chassis, or no?

3) What counts as a "feature" in the case where features receive upgrades? Is "Trap Sense" a single feature, and thus only costs 1 RFS to purchase? Or are "Trap Sense +1", "Trap Sense +2", etc all separate purchases? Similarly, is "Sneak Attack" a single feature, and thus only costs 1 RFS to purchase, or are "Sneak Attack 1d6", "Sneak Attack 2d6", etc all separate purchases? 1 RFS feels too low for Sneak Attack +10d6, but 2 RFS feels too high for any amount of Trap Sense.

4) You say we can use slots to buy bonus feats. Can we spend feats to buy slots?

5) You say we can't buy class features earlier than the class would normally get them (so, no buying a lvl 8 paladin feature at lvl 6, gotta wait). Can we save slots for later? Like if we've got a bunch of lvl 9 things we wanna buy, and not many lvl 7s, we can spend fewer slots at lvl 7 and hold onto them until lvl 9?

6) You say we can't buy class features earlier than the class would normally get them. Can we buy them late? Like, if we're lvl 8, can use slots to purchase lvl 4 abilities?

My other questions concern your example. Paladin is used as an example, and buys Paladin spellcasting, maneuvers, and sphere progression.

7) Paladin pays 1 slot per level for paladin casting. Arcanist pays 1 slot per level for arcanist casting. If they're paying the same amount of build resources, why does the paladin get worse casting?

8) Paladin has multiple SoM archetypes that give a spheres progression, but both of them are Proficient. However, if I were to select a class that has multiple archetypes with different levels of training, and I purchase that option, which progression should I use? For example, Unchained Monk has 6 SoM archetypes, one of which is Expert progression, three of which are Adept progression, and two are which have no progression at all (merely gaining bare bonus talents). Do I need to specify which one I'm taking specifically?