Quote Originally Posted by Daracaex View Post
A few questions from character creation:

1. I've got two versions of the same character, since you recommended certain classes. One a ranger, the other a ranged Magus I had mostly built before for a game that I didn't get in. I did search for errata and couldn't find it though, but hit the "convert to remaster" button on Pathbuilder. Understand if Magus is disallowed anyway.
  2. Was looking at Elf and its heritages. How does "Ancient Elf" interact with the free archetype at level 2? If it's better not used, would you be ok with the Sylph heritage?
  3. For backgrounds, should we only be picking from "General," or are "Regional" and "Campaign" backgrounds allowed?

Most of the game is the same about 98% or so, its just there are some differences that I think would be confusing if you don't know what you are looking for:

-Focus has been changed (its a change all across the board for every classes with focus), now ignore anything that gives a focus spell and tell you how many points you get, now you have a maximum number of focus points equal to the number of focus spells that you know or 3 whichever is lower, only counting focus spells that require focus points to cast.
-Refocus action is less limited and you can refocus multiple times to regain up to your pool's maximum. Each class specifies which deeds are necessary for Refocus.
-Cantrips and spells got changed, usually recommend to check the remaster arcane list and the remaster faq errata for secrets of magic on the Paizo website.
-the classic spell schools have been removed so something to keep in mind but the Paizo Remaster FAQ briefly mention the changes.

-For the Ancient Elf, there is no official ruling but I tend to go with Rules Lawyer houserule, you get the Free Archetype and a bonus class feat at level 2.

-for Backgrounds, general are fine, legacy don't believe anybody want one, regional backgrounds are fine. For AP/campaign backgrounds, very unlikely any of them fit and they tend to be focused on the AP so don't believe any of them is relevant for the Shackles. If you are interested in a rare background simply consult with me and the few uncommon backgrounds in general just require access in some way.