Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
For sure; Heat and heat management is going to be the biggest thing for me to get the hang of with all of this, and it looks like Nuclear Cavalier is a necessity for some of that. At this point, Death's Head 3 is pretty close to a certainty in my mind for simplicity's sake, but (again, looking at other builds, I can't claim the skill to put this together) I'm wondering if I should lean into Saladin or instead get Napoleon 2/Barbarossa 1; I won't have quite as many shields and dedicated bubbles as Saladin gives, but the Napoleon's ability to make a weapon shoot through cover and to just "nope" a ranged attack coupled with the Barbarossa's "roller" grenades to push enemies away (and siege stabilizers to increase Death's Head weapon range even more, just for kicks) looks pretty nice. Plus, that would still be 3 Harrison Armory licenses, so I could still grab Superior by Design.

The Sherman is definitely on my list for much later build ideas; lasers are simply cool. And of course, the downside to either/any of these builds is that I won't have much in the way of mobility, but I think I have to accept that at this point and/or figure out mitigators down the road. Being able to wall-crawl will be nice, at least.
Thats also totally viable-Phase Ready mod is a really really good one to put on something when you want to do it every turn I think, there's also the Paracausal Mod from the Saladin which gives Overkill (1 heat/re-roll when a damage dice comes up as 1) and the damage cant be reduced in any way. The way I can see the turns breaking down for you is definitely maximizing positioning early on in order to offset any high damage Ordnance rifles/weapons you might want to mount. If its an outside of deployment zone objective you'd probably want to try and nab a high spot to take advantage of Mag Clamps