Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Raven View Post
Hmm... trying to think of what frame I would want. Originally, back when a friend of mine was talking about the merits of Lancer, I'd decided on the Hydra, but I don't think I really want that for this character. I wanted something less... esoteric, more down-to-Earth, with a simpler purpose. Leaning towards a long-range sniper/artillery type, or failing that, support. Seems in line with my character's personality. Tentatively looking at the Swallowtail. In the long run, of course. I like the focus on stealth, but I could probably switch things out based on feedback or party needs.

I will say, though, the aesthetics of a lot of the mechs, at least in the core book, are... I hesitate to use the term "anime" because I haven't actually seen an anime with this aesthetic, but I feel like it would not be out-of-place in some anime. Normally this isn't a problem for me, as my own settings draw inspiration from anime on a regular basis. Hell, my own PC is based on a certain character from a mecha anime. However, as far as mecha go, I was effectively "raised" on Battletech and Armored Core, and while those series don't always place function over form, they do look much more down-to-Earth and... mechanical. And tend to look like things someone would actually put on a battlefield.

And yet, I think I actually like HORUS mechs the most aesthetically, since they reinforce the designers' shtick of bizzare, almost alien technology.
If you like Horus then Pegasus is a great sniper, the Ushabti's 15 range is plenty, it's got great mounts, the average damage thing is actually a damage boost for odd numbers of dice, Smargun is a very reliable weapon, Hunter Lock is more damage, Autogun means you can genuinely fire 3 mounts every round and the Eye of Horus is a great counter to some annoying enemies.