DAY 1
Weather: Raining
Time: Afternoon-Evening

Blackwater Causeway

Jor scratches his head at the deluge of questions, "Don't see why not? this has been here long before I was 'ere, an will be here afta me I'm guessin, I come by and fix up boards every nah and then, be careful, the boards will be slick from the bog. No clue how deep them waters be, they are new, fresh from the recent floods. I'd be bettin at least 10 ft deep though." He keeps to the back, obviously quite wary of being so far out in the open.

At that, the clouds broke overhead, they had been forming the last hour or so, and the evening turned into a wet one very quickly.

As you inspect the causeway and move just a bit closer, the water erupts into a maelstrom of movement, water, and...hydra heads!

Spoiler
Show

Rain
Reduces visibility ranges by half, resulting in a -4 penalty on Spot and Search checks. It has the same effect on flames, ranged weapon attacks, and Listen checks as severe wind.

Severe Wind
In addition to automatically extinguishing any unprotected flames, winds of this magnitude cause protected flames (such as those of lanterns) to dance wildly and have a 50% chance of extinguishing these lights. Ranged weapon attacks and Listen checks are at a -4 penalty.

Roll initiative
Hydra Init - (1d20+1)[2]
Place yourselves anywhere inside the black box
Map