Quote Originally Posted by ProgressPaladin View Post
I haven’t heard almost anything about IPS-N Zheng. Is there a reason for this?
The Zheng is one of my favorite frames and my favorite IPS-N frame. I just love the background of it and the rugged design.

Some notes:
- The D/D-288 like almost all Superheavy Melee's is a bit of a meme weapon and a little hard to use because it's a true 2 turn commitment that slows you, turning off your fun Frame Trait that gives you an extra 3 spaces of movement each turn. You're usually better served sticking a simple Heavy Weapon into that slot. I once ran a Zheng and stuck a Heavy Machine gun into the Heavy mount using Grappling, Ramming, etc. when up close and personal.

- The Zheng and Kobold Core Powers interact in hilarious ways. The Kobold can go before the Zheng in initiative and activate Core Power, funniest if you use them to encircle a tough Elite or something and then the Zheng can activate their Core and blow up the terrain the Kobold just made. for a lot of potential damage. Even outside of that specific, very funny interaction the Kobold and Zheng can support each other well with their terrain creation however. Giving the Kobold more Mimic Carapace spots to hide out in and in return dropping more Minecraft blocks for the Zheng to smash into.

Some nice systems from other frames to potentially consider for Zheng:
- Iceout Drone from Black Witch 2, because your Mech runs Windows 95. Though ideally the drone is provided by an ally for you. Blackwitch 2 also has the Perimeter Command Plate, which doesn't rely on sensors and gives you some nice battlefield control. It also gives you an immobilize option to land those DD-288 hits.
- Blackbeard has very good Melee/Grappler upgrades in Synthetic Muscle Netting, Chain Axe, Nanocarbon Sword and Reinforced Cabling is also kinda nice as it actually upgrades your base movement by 2 in most situations.
- Javelin Rockets from Monarch 1 can be nice, because Zheng actually has a number of Knockback systems to knock them into the Rockets...or just drag them through them while grappling.
- Pinning Spire or Ferrofluid Lance from White Witch 1 can be nice with a little Agility if you want to utilize the DD-288. As you can charge the DD, Immobilize someone so they can't run. To escape they have to hit you. Which is harder because you have Soft Cover now.