View Single Post

Thread: Lovecraftian Superheroes (Masks)

1. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Lovecraftian Superheroes (Masks)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph Null View Post
    MFW

How exactly do you plan to implement the playbooks out of curiosity? This is a very neat idea, though I am not 100% as to how it is meant to work mostly because my knowledge of PbtA systems is a tad spotty.
    ...I'm not quite sure how to answer that, since I'm not quite sure what you mean. I don't see the playbooks working all that differently from how they work in a more typical superhero setting... although, the "Freak" label is going to be a bit more prominent, since most superheroes are strange, mysterious monstrosities by the standards of normal people, and the more esoteric your powers are, the more it's a battle to stop other people from seeing you as a freak. In that regard, the Transformed's only real disadvantage is that they can't pretend to be a normal person.

Otherwise, I think I'm mostly going to be dealing with the playbooks on a case-by-case basis, seeing what players come up with and working with how far they want to push the boundaries of their playbook.
    Last edited by Dusk Raven; 2024-03-20 at 03:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable