1. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: D&D 3.5 low-power; Dungeon of Strangeness 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Alhallor View Post
    Yes, but with caveats. Don't make yourself healable by negative energy and don't build an undead army to solve problems for you. Minionmancy seems to be the death for a lot of games. If you're just fine with using dread necromancers spells and other abilities I'm fine with it.
    I wanna step into this question/ answer, Army building I can understand, Minionmancy is only the death of a game if it is missused, but why isn't he allowed to make himself healable by Necro Energy?
    (I would like to be able, in some game, raise Lord Orgauth Denuthson from death, and have him as a secondary asset, not necessarily in this game though)
    +3 LA seems to be fitting for a Revenant, I'm not sure about the Regeneration because it basically seems that you're unkillable without a very specific setup. Even with lethal damage you're just popping up some minutes later that seems... Pretty excessive. As written it seems to powerful do you have any ideas how to balance that down and still maintaining the vision you clearly have for this guy?
    Ehm, fast healing does take into account that undead instantly die when they reach 0 hp, regardless of fast healing, or am I misunderstanding something? Necro Healing is easy, just as easy as Positive Healing, if a Dread Necro is also added to the party, he/ she/ it can heal my scrub, something to keep in mind.
    We can lower the Fast Healing, but not completely remove it?.
    I haven't thought about the setting at all, I guess you're not doing wrong with Forgotten Realms. But you won't meet any NPC's from there.
    Cool! Just have a think about where your dungeon is situated please.
    Last edited by Burning Spear; 2024-03-20 at 08:40 AM.
    GNU Sir Terry Pratchett