1. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: [WFRP2e] The Power of One - Part 2 - "Transire Benefaciendo"

Taalia Giovanni

Taalia smiled gently when she knelt down before the lad, her tall silhouette slowly taking on her more feminine and comely appearance as she drew closer.

"My leg..." he whispers quietly, desperately, and you see what he means; the fall has battered and scratched him all over but he came down on one leg harder than the other.. He's dislocated his leg at the hip, which will not kill him but leave him with a menacing ache in later life once you get him out of here and have a chance to enlist Bella's help in repositioning it.

The shepardess nodded gently, her own smoky voice taken down to barely above a whisper and close to the boys ear so that he could hear her even through her unusual accent. "I will get you out of here, lad."

Making good on her promise, Taalia put her arms forward in a gesture, looking to him him to his feet and semi-carry him back towards the rope. Having heaved and carted about wriggling lambs, squealing pigs and uncooperative sheep, the boy, though weighty, proved a much easier burden to shift, as the shepardess half carried him over one shoulder as she quietly stepped back towards the rope. This was not the first lost lamb she had returned to the flock.

Upon returning to it, Taalia gently set the boy down on one foot and opened the noose to set it down over his shoulders and under his arms, thus taking all the weight off his injured limb. Seeing that he was fastened, she gave a smile and peck on the cheek.

"Almost home little piccolo," she stated, the word 'piccolo' being one of endearment for a boy his age. Reaching up, she gripped the rope and gave the appropriate tugs to signal the return of the rope and its cargo.

Seeing the boy steadily rise, Taalia turned about, her attention on that marble-like object. What on earth was it? Was it some kind of switch? Or device? Was it the remnant of a support beam whose time-induced erosion had caused the collapse in the first place? Uncertain, but curious, and knowing she had a few minutes until the rope returned back down for her, the shepardess would once again stick close the ground and carefully, quietly, approach the piece of set marble with an eye for curiosity and inspection.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-03-18 at 10:59 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger