Quote Originally Posted by Simsimillia View Post
I'm interested.

I have a vague idea of a Bull or a Nova maybe that is bonded in some way with an Eldritch entity.

Or a Joined depending on other peoples choices. Joined always kinda intrigues me.
Reminds of me a 3rd-party playbook I found, The Attached, although it does cost a couple bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by truemane View Post
This is precisely my read, as well. The mechanic whereby you gain mechanical benefits for giving more and more people Influence (and, conversely, drawbacks for not doing so) imply a constant pull between the desires to either settle down or set off again.

I think the way I'd want to play is to establish two kinds of stakes:
  • Give them an immediate, compelling plot reason to be here at this time. Even if their arrival is random or unexpected, there's a THING and they're the only ones who can help.
  • Whoever it was that stranded them (whether directly or indirectly), have them be an established part of the setting. Family is the easiest option (but not the only one).

So then we'd get to have the constant the tension between being home but not being at home; and they can't just run away from that tension because there's something here they need to handle.

So then the core conflict is played out purely internally. Not "Do I stay or do I go" but "Given that I must stay, how do I feel about it."
Hmm... I'll have to think a bit to come up with that. All I can think of for now is... not actually tied into those things, but it's something more general - perhaps that they came back to Earth, only to find that after all the time they've spent Elsewhere, humans are more... alien than they expected.