Mateusz was out of convenient reach, so Brandon had to get up for this one. He spotted the waitress coming with what was hopefully his meal, and so Brand pretended to be looking at something the European Scion was showing him on his phone, leaning over him and placing his hand on his companion's shoulder to deliver the Boon.

He thanked the waitress, then turned to the caramel-skinned Scion that moved like a fighter. Max, wasn't it? "Would you also like to get in on..." he struggled to think of a good euphemism, but failed "... this? I have enough gas left in the metaphorical tank for a handful more such marks."

As he snacked on his burger (which also apparently had peanut butter on it for some reason; America was truly a land for the strange and fantastical), he remembered one final thing.

"Ah, yes," he began, putting down the surprisingly good burger, bizarre peanut butter notwithstanding. "It's also possible that I'll receive a false positive, or that you'll have a genuinely threating situation in hand and not need assistance. I'll assume that any trigger is something that the group needs to respond to, but if I sense that you're in good condition, I'll also text you 'what kind of pizza would you like' without any capitalization or punctuation. If you're fine, include the word 'pineapple' in your response and I'll call off the cavalry. That system worked pretty well for my homeless and otherwise vulnerable friends in Dublin. We could even expand it into a whole code language if that becomes necessary."