Ugh, the +2 LA is really killing me, not for power but because it makes it impossible to go into Beast Heart Adept until ECL 8. So before that I'll be taking two levels of Archivist, because An Eidetic Dogchivist is just too good to pass on.

But, i really have to ask: Would you be open to Oslecamo's Blink dog's progression? It is two levels, loses +4 to Dex and handles The blink and the Dimension Door as Spell-Like abilities, which is weaker than than (Su) and limits them to 4/HD per day each. I still think that they should be either swift or immediate actions, free actions are wrong.

Spoiler: Blink dog
Show
Blink Dog

Hit Die: d10
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Features
1 +1 +2 +2 +0 Dog body, Blink, +1 Dex, +1 Wis, Scent
2 +2 +3 +3 +0 Dimension Door, Dimensional Agility, +1 Dex, +1 Wis
Skills: 4+Int mod. Class skills are A Blinkdogs class skills are Balance, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival, and Swim.

Proficiencies: A blinkdog is proficient with its own natural weapons.

Features

Dog Body:The Blink dog loses all other racial bonuses, and gains magical beast traits(basically darkvision 60 foot and low light vision). It is a medium sized magical beast with base speed 40 foot, and a natural weapon bite attack dealing 1d6+1,5 Str modifier damage. Blink dogs have no limbs capable of fine manipulation.

A blink dog also gains a natural armor bonus equal to his Con modifier.

Blink: Blink dogs have the ability to travel to and from the ethereal plane for brief bursts of time, because of this blink dogs often appear to be winking in and out of existence. A blink dog can use blink as a spell like ability 4/day for each HD it possesses. Using this ability requires a move action. When a Blinkdog reaches 5 HD he can use this ability as a free action. The caster level for this effect is the blinkdog’s HD

Ability Increase: A blink dog gains +1 to Dex at 1st level, +1 to Dex at 2nd level, +1 to Wis at 1st and second level, for a total of +2 Dex and +2 Wis at second level.

Scent: As the SRD ability.

Dimension Door: Blink dogs are masters of dimensional movement and can leap from one point to another in the blink of an eye. At 2nd level the blink dog can use Dimension Door as a spell-like ability 4/day for each HD it possesses, except that the range is equal to the Blink Dog's base speed. Using this ability requires a move action. At 8 HD this ability can be used as a free action, but only 1/round.

Dimensional Agility: At 2nd level the Blink Dog gains Dimensional Agility as a bonus feat.