1. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: D&D 3.5 low-power; Dungeon of Strangeness 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Alhallor View Post
    I guess it's okay, what are you wanting of it, that the normal warlock doesn't get you?
    It's more generous with the invocations, and having access to cantrips is nice. The Dark Secret is similar to a 3/day metamagic feat or similar.

I'm debating on a Lesser Aasimar for race, and there is a Celestial Warlock Heritage that I give up the Dark Secret and gain abilities fluffed around the Angelic Heritage.

Protective Aura (Su): At 2nd level an angelic warlock radiates an aura of safety. Against attacks made or effects created by evil creatures, this ability provides a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saving throws to anyone within 10 feet of you. The warlock may suppress or resume this aura as a free action. This aura can be dispelled, but the warlock can create it again as a free action on his next turn.

Smite Evil (Su): At 4th level an angelic warlock may attempt to smite evil with a normal melee attack or his eldritch blast. He adds his Charisma bonus (if any) to his attack roll and deals 1 extra point of damage per warlock level. If the angelic warlock accidentally smites a creature that is not evil, the smite has no effect. Smite evil may only be used with a melee attack or an eldritch blast that requires an attack roll and only applies to the first creature attacked. Once you have used this ability, you cannot do so again for 5 rounds.

Angelic Countenance (Su): At 6th level an angelic warlock gains the ability to shine like the sun. The warlock may shine as the daylight spell. Undead within the range of this light take 1d4 + (1/2 your warlock level rounded down) points of positive energy damage every round they stay within its range. Activating this ability is a standard action and can be turned off as a swift action.
    Last edited by AscarothD; 2024-03-15 at 04:07 PM.