1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default I dunno which game engine to program in Python… ^_^’

Hi!

I just realized that I would like to make some kinda game engine in Python. It would be object-oriented software and it would emulate the mechanics of some ttRPG that I like. It wouldn’t be a game into itself, rather the underlining logic some other persom (maybe?) could use to create a game with graphic, plot, music etc.

I was thinking and I realize I am not that sure what RPG game I would like to base the engine on. I have some possibilities, but it’s hard to pick my favourite.

Some games I am thinking about:

- M&M 2nd edition (I don’t like 3rd that much…)
    - Tri-Stat dX
    - Pathfinder 1e (it would be very long and complicated stuff to program, because the SRD is freakingly enormous. But hey, that’s some possibility, ain’t it?)
    - Cypher System (???) (I am not sure if Cypher system would make a good gaming engine, but, as above, it’s some kinda possibility)
    - Eclipse Phase 2nd edition (I just love the game!)
    - Theoretically I could try coding DnD 5e, but uh… I don’t see what the whole fuzz about this game is. Though I admit, if 5e would look like Advanced 5e, I would probably be a big fan of it. Still, it’s easy, even though not funny from my ttRPG player perspective?

Generally I wanna code some game mechanic engine into Python and I cannot choose one option xD Oh noes xD

Thus my question – maybe you would like to have some game mechanics in Python, but you can’t code? I mean, if enough people would find game x interesting, it would be some kinda incentive for me? I think?

I believe personally that M&M would be fairly simple and yet you can do a lot with this mechanics, but the same can be told about Tri-Stat dX. And there are some games on my list that make excellent dungeon crawls… oh my, why I hafta be so indecisive? : <

Just random thought I wanted to share with you ;-) Or maybe you have some other mechanics you would be suggesting instead of the ones I named? ;-)

PS. I dunno if this tells something to everybody, but the code is gonna be open source ;-)

PPS. I couldn’t decide whether to put this post in Friendly Banter or Grumpy Technology… xD Please, fell free to change the subforum as an admin if you find my choice weird… ;-)
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2024-03-14 at 06:58 PM.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature