Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
@forsaken, I'm going to need some info on my surroundings. I understand it is foresty, but how dense? And how are light levels? Any shadows I could go invisible in with my ring?
Since its night time you have plenty of darkness to sneak around in. This current spot is semi dense but not to the point where it would hinder movement or combat.

Quote Originally Posted by zlefin View Post
hmm, not looking promising for me, but I knew the risks. Though I had hoped more would be on the team to deal with the fiend if they reneged. Or the captain would be able to follow swiftly enough to make short work of us both. But I guess he interpreted what I said a bit differently, and very understandably went straight back to town. I figured people would follow at ~200 feet, so a whole gang would be able to take chase very easily if the fiend reneges, that was my whole point about making it a risk for it to do so.
Ah my bad. Captain Gerald was thinking this guy is sacrificing himself for my daughter and the town. Respecting your wishes he rushes back to defend the town. But the day after he probably would have chased you down to put your corpse to rest. If in fact you were a corpse at the time. You almost broke the possession first try to lol. You got this. Since you were so close you are hindering the wraiths control. Kinda like grappling him with your mind. lol You going to get a +2 bonus for being so close on your next roll to oppose him.