View Single Post

Thread: Scion: Hero (IC)

1. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Scion: Hero (IC)

Liliana had arrived fairly early as well, carrying a folder containing the results of her research. At Max accusation, however, she raised an eyebrow. "Your ability must be incredibly limited if that's your conclusion. During the meeting, I've told you everything I knew at the time about the blade." She held his gaze as she spoke, making sure that the consequences of what she just said got through. "If I am completely honest, I feel a little insulted that you're calling me out in this way, several days after the fact, rather than brining your worries up during or shortly after the meeting itself. In the future, don't hesitate to bring up your worries immediately. It's the only way we can work together, after all." She gave him a stern glance, but quickly let the mask fall away, replaced by a quick sly grin. She knew that he knew, after all.

"In all seriousness though, I will not benefit in any way if any of you come to harm." The grin had disappeared again, replaced by a serious look. "Like most humans I'll speak plenty of little lies, but I'll only do so for the best of..." She stopped herself, another quick grin crossing her face. She honestly enjoyed the challenge imposed by Max's ability. "I'm really going to have to watch my words around you to avoid a potentially fatal misunderstanding, won't I? I lie whenever I believe it necessary to attain my goals, and right now my goal is to complete miss Kessler's commission. That should mean I share that goal with all of you. If you think I'm hiding something important just because your ability Indicated I was being less than truthful, don't hesitate to speak up. I'll be sure to set you right. And if you want to have some practice discerning the reasons behind lies, I'll make sure to give you plenty of practice material."

Spoiler: OOC only for poetically, benoojian
    Show

italics is a lie, everything else is the true as far as your abilities are concerned.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2024-03-11 at 04:30 PM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays