View Single Post

Thread: What the Stranger Knows.

1. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: What the Stranger Knows.

"No, no, no," Ennius says, shaking his head and running a hand through his hair in mild frustration, "how do I make this more clear? Do we need to put a name on the tickets?"

Once the modron is gone, the warlock turns to his companions. "An unknown vessel, an unknown route, and an unknown prisoner," he summarizes, "well, we know something about the route--there's where we're getting on and a stop somewhere in Mechanus--but that's still a lot of unknowns. At least with the tickets we won't be trespassing so we won't be under pressure thin that way." He's goes silent for a moment, waving the ticket thoughtfully. When Ennius speaks again, it's just a stream of ideas, mostly unconnected. "If we're on the train, we'll each need a destination. The tickets don't seem to indicate any. Maybe we can use that to our advantage. Then there's the other unknown passengers, maybe they could be helpful? And, as Siobhan said, there's the train itself, apparently. Unfortunately, since we know so little about it, I can't guarantee anything but I'd imagine I'll have no trouble moving around on it once we've boarded. I have a couple of tricks for avoiding detection by, well, in this case, lawful authority." He looks up, checking if any part of his disconnected rambling has sparked anything in any of his fellow adventurers.
    Last edited by The Hellbug; 2024-03-11 at 10:40 AM.
    Coach and Owner of Hellbug's Heroes, Sneak Kings, Sultans of Slaughter, and Commercial Cast-Offs. Season II and III runner-up. Season IV league champion. Season VII division champion.