View Single Post

Thread: Lancer: The Beautiful Machine

1. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Lancer: The Beautiful Machine

Just wanted to open this series of response by thanking everyone for the applications so far-theres a lot of them and its frankly amazing to see so much interest in what is a comparativley new rpg I'm going to take some time in the coming days to review applications so far but right now the majority of my responses are going to be confined to answering outstanding questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousedigits View Post
    Expressing interest here as well! I'm excited for this game.

EDIT: What kind of starting equipment should we have? Any restrictions on systems/weapons? Also, how long has Golgotha been in operation?
    You can assume access to all of the LL 0 systems and equipment right now (pilot & GMS)-think I mentioned in a previously reply that the first mission is probably going to be securing some sort of unfiltered access to higher LL of print codes for other frames and the like. Exotic or campaign unique gear is fine to take as non-unique stuff if people want to just flavor them as something differant fiction-wise. In terms of Golgotha's inception I was thinking something around 35-50 years since its establishment but thats tentative and pending a more thorough review of Karrakis as a whole/Shotora's timeline & how it fits into the bigger picture on my part

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post

In the previous thread, you threw out a potential explanations for mechs, and the main one that took my focus was something along the lines of working on the surface, finding a gutted ancient mech, and smuggling parts down from it. Looks like with the concept being more refined that's shifted into us just using subverted printers (having gotten hold of codes in a background-appropriate way and plot happening to disengage the locks on the printers), which works for me but just to check is that setting detail of the remains of old pre-Karrakis mechs existing on Shortora still a thing? Might work that into the backstory, maybe something like...a wastelander who found one, worked on it a while, figured they'd take their chances outside of the wastes now they had that edge...and then got caught and thrown into Golgotha after it turned out that edge wasn't enough. Something like that, anyway, still thinking.
    It 100% still is a thing/viable option for how you got your chassis frame-were you thinking somewhere along the Southern Wastes for where they from originally? Any of the non-Karrakin centric biomes could easily have parts that qualify as wastes For example besides the eponymous south theres large expanses of tundra beyond the northern mountains that are suitably barren as to qualify and the Western forests almost certainly has an expanse of putrescent quagmire somewhere amidst its trees. Heck, you could have found it at the bottom of a coast-shallow while pirating Karrakin elements in the eastern interiors sea-facing side

Quote Originally Posted by Simsimillia View Post
    Hi, I'd be interested in this and am itching for some Lancer.

I don't have a concrete build in mind, but a rough idea of a child that was born in prison and inherited her parents sentence. Though I'm not entirely sure that works timeline wise, as I'm not sure how long Golgotha's been around, how long it's been since the current regime was established, etc.
    I think it should work- in my mind the prisons been around for 35-50 years with the Betrayal of the Loyal Wing happening around 20 or so years prior to where we're starting, so the age you have shouldnt be an issue! Side note: really digging Kara so far too

I apologize if I've missed anyone else's questions, please feel free to reiterate them or let me know if I have. Similarly, equally happy to help clarify or collaborate on things like Shotora's timeline if it helps to accomodate backstories people have in mind (Paracausality f*ckery is always a thing if the timing of stuff isnt quite congruous )
    Last edited by n0ble; 2024-03-09 at 01:37 PM.
    “Have no fear, you will find your way. It's in your bones. It's in your soul.”- Mark Z. Danieleweski, House of Leaves