View Single Post

Thread: Scion: Hero (IC)

1. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Re: Scion: Hero (IC)

Brand gave serious thought to winking at the lady in the nice suit to show he'd caught her lie, but ultimately decided against it. Too many ways it could be misinterpreted... and by this point the moment had passed anyway.

Good ideas were being floated all around. Brandon accepted a business card (Cypher, how appropriate!), and decided that this was the right time to reveal some of his own hand.

"I think I will take you up on that offer to assist with research. I have some tricks uniquely suited to narrowing down suspects, but they will only work face-to-face." He nodded to the Mr. Elridge, "For instance, encountering them at a party."

Now he addressed whole group, including their host. "As for a more preemptive measure, I have been gifted with the power of the Vigil Brand by the god Ogma. If you allow me to mark you, it will alert me the moment you encounter physical danger, and most likely what manner of danger you've found yourself in, your condition, and your location. This would let me 'send in the cavalry' if you get in over your head." Brand pulls a silver sharpie from his pocket and spins it between his fingers.

"I can also mark objects and animals, though since I do have a limit on how many Vigil Brands I can place in a short time, I'd prefer you reserve this function for clever plans and schemes, rather than just ensuring no one eggs your car without your knowledge.

"Last but not least, and continuing the theme of an ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure, I am a licensed self-defense and martial arts instructor. Should anyone desire to develop or hone some combat skills, I am at your service."
    Last edited by PoeticallyPsyco; 2024-03-08 at 10:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II