Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
Thete's nothing morally ambiguous about stopping Veidt, Veidt is clearly in the wrong, he's nothing more than a monomaniacal psychopath with a messiah complex, like Thanos from the MCU (or VICKY from I Robot, or the Imperial government from Warhammer 40K, or the Anti-Spiral from Heaven Piercing Gurren Lagann)
Well, in one out of the three cases, the oppressive, controlling messiah did save humanity. It's the followers that turned it into The Dystopian League of Dystopia, now with Added Executions!

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
The funny thing is that Alan Moore got incredibly pissed off at Rorschach's popularity in the post-Watchmen years. He envisaged Rorschach as a sort of real-life Batman, concluded (correctly) that such a person would be a psychopathic nutcase, and expected everyone to just dismiss him. When they didn't, he decided that his readers had missed the point.
To a select group of people, perhaps. Moore struck me as always being terribly impressed with himself, and normally the type who writes manifestos in between sets at the coffee house. Just because he was a pretty great writer of fiction doesn't mean anything other than he was a pretty great writer of fiction, and I think he forgot that point.

On topic, when I read LXG I loved the idea but hated the execution. One of a small handful of "liked the movie better than the book", and the movie was no great shakes...

- M