1. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Anstadon's Call [Freeform, Comic Book Style]

I am still interested in participating! Here is my character proposal. Please let me know if the third paragraph of the backstory introduces elements that are incompatible with the established universe. An incompatible thing potentially being a military program trying to create super soldiers. Also, how frequent is posting expected to be?

Name: James (Jimmy) Swift
    Backstory: James Swift was born into a broken household within a dilapidated house surrounded by a sagging chain link fence in the city of Chicago. James was raised by deeply flawed parents with their own demons and shortcomings. He was chased by his mother Grace from his home in front of his siblings at age fourteen during his Victor Swift's absences.

After being found sleeping in the stairway of a public library he was adopted by Thelma and Louis Hargrave and welcomed by his adoptive siblings. After completing high school and desiring to leave the city of Chicago he entered army ROTC training and applied himself rigorously to the highly ordered and disciplined program. After graduating his service in the army corps of engineers began, coincided with the manifesting of his parahuman abilities.

His abilities manifested after preventing the collapse of highway and saving the lives of many soldiers. After the incident he was recommended to Project Patriot, a government project to ensure preeminence of parahuman strength, understanding, and service of the United States, which he eagerly joined. Once the project failed to consistently endow parahuman abilities within volunteers or create new breakthroughs in understanding parahumans was cancelled. Some parahuman volunteers were returned to new military service positions. James Swift and several others were released from service and recommended to join Anstadon by their command officers. Hopefully with an influx of members with military service Anstadon now stands on the precipice of a cultural transition where military values of Honor, Duty, and Selfless Service can be instilled within Anstadon alongside the influence of the United States military.

Things James Swift might say:
    "This isn't the time to cling to luxury beliefs. We have a problem and we need boots on the ground to fix it."
    "I understand what your problems are like; the noise and arguments circling the storm at home. But it doesn't have to define you. I was in a similar situation, but I remade myself after losing myself in the service of others."

Potential backstory characters: Birth parents, birth siblings, adoptive parents, adoptive siblings, fellow officers from ROTC or Army Corp of Engineers, and members from Project Patriot.

Experience: Skills learned from army ROTC and service in the Army Corp of Engineers. Basic mastery of his powers through Project Patriot.
    Wealth: The savings from military service.
    Alignment: Heroic but strongly bent to lawful
    Powers: Sheer Displacement - The ability to displace any component of an object, objects strongly adhered to a surface, or superficial aspects of an object such as color or texture.
    Documented Uses:
    • Improvised vehicle - Cases of traveling urban streets by displacing raised traffic markers to use as makeshift roller blades have been observed.
    • Document forging - Officer Swift has displayed mastery in manipulating the lettering of documents in all materials from ink to burnt wood.
    • Component displacement - Subject was recommended for Project Patriot after preventing the collapse of bridge after a missile strike by militants. Simply by displacing the cracks in pillar to the guard rails prevented the deaths of troops sheltering beneath the highway.
    Last edited by Plaids; 2024-03-06 at 02:47 AM.
    Playing as Hercules in Marvel Cortex Game
    Playing as Jakk'ari in WOW M&M
    Playing as Dr. Kalispell Hagerty in SCP M&M
    Playing as Tavaris in the Crystal Cult