Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
Hello Kaine,” he greeted. “I should introduce myself. My name is Sleeper. Seventh spawn of the Venom symbiote.
"Alright, Sleeper. You can just call me--" God, I cannot just tell people to call me 'Kaine'. Ben? Spider? "-- wait, what the Hell did you just call me? Who told you that name?"

Beck. Dammit.

"Sorry. Been jumpy. That is my name, but I'd take it as a kindness if you kept that under your hat for a spell. I'm, uh... I'm... look, I am a very bad man running from a lot of very very bad men, and innocent people will get hurt if any of them find me. Gotta wash the blood off these hands before I'm ready to shake clean ones."

Kaine thinks for a long moment.

"Why don't you just call me 'Miles', for now? Let the bastards try to figure that out."

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
I can do that,” Sleeper replied with confidence, “but first: why are you helping me?

Kaine had seemed so intent on leaving the scene at the bank. And then he showed up not once but twice now. Sleeper was curious, and edging towards suspicious.
"Who says I am? You were out there when I was trying to save those frails on my own. Johnny Storm ain't no better than you and he needed reminding, and Beck shouted out my Christian name in front of a roomful of civilians and news cameras, so I'm going to string him up from a stoplight and punch him until candy falls out."

Kaine smirks.

"We were both just trying to do the thing that needed doing, in the same place, at the same time. If I'd been helping you, I wouldn't have pooched it up and almost got everyone killed." Kaine frowns. "So, uh... thanks, for that."

Kaine pauses to give Sleeper time to respond... and then perks up.

"Wait, Venom? The alien monster-- no offense-- that spends, like, half its time teaming up with Spider-Man and the other half its time trying to eat him? That's your dad? Dude. Dude. What's its deal?"