View Single Post

Thread: Doom of Daggerdale (3.5)

1. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Doom of Daggerdale (3.5)

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    @spectralphoenix

I'm bandying a few concepts about, all intended as some sort of front line melee type. Two are completely in line with the allowed sources as far as I can tell - one is all about beating up spellcasters and stacking bonuses to resist spells and spell-like abilities, the other is all about debuffing a single target and scaring enemies with fewer HD before beating them up.

The third would require approval of the following sources and adjustments:
    - Allow the scout riposte ACF from the Cityscape web enhancement (replaces the skirmish class feature; I can PM you the text if you're not familiar with it)
    - Allow the Elf ranger 1 substitute level from Races of the Wild (this isn't critical, but it boosts skill points and gives a small boost vs. certain favoured enemies)
    - Allow the Swift Hunter feat from Complete Scoundrel to work with riposte instead of skirmish

Amusingly, this character has the same classes as dantiesilva's submission, but the aim is to make a melee buzzsaw instead of a sneaky ranged attacker.

I have a fourth character idea as well, but it's a lot more out there than any of the others, so I completely understand if it's not what you want brought into the game. It would require the following to work:
    - Allow the marshal class from Miniatures Handbook
    - Allow the aasimar heritage feats from Races of Faerun and/or the Godsight regional feat from Lost Empires of Faerun
    - Allow the Acolyte of the Skin PrC from Complete Arcane (it's from an allowed source and doesn't require the character to be evil, but he'd be walking around in the skin of a demon, so...yeah)

This character would still be a front liner, but packed with a bunch of spell-like abilities to and resistances for protection and to help out the party.

Please let me know if either of last two concepts could be allowed. If not, I'll happily submit one of the first two.
    To be honest, I think the DM really really wants us not to keep asking for stuff that is not on the approved list. I think the exception was being FR based things, since this is FR setting.
    So technically the planetouched lesser aasimar should qualify, but not the normal Aasimar, because they are no longer Outsiders and guess we can wait and see what they say about the other FR content.
    Last edited by AscarothD; 2024-03-04 at 04:43 PM.