View Single Post

Thread: Lancer: The Beautiful Machine

1. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Lancer: The Beautiful Machine

I've wanted to try out Lancer for a bit, and I like prison break/uprising stories, so I'll give it a try! Here's what I have:

Spoiler: Levi Royston
    Show
    » Levi Royston // ECHO «
    LL0
    [ SKILL TRIGGERS ]
    Act Unseen and Unheard (+2), Patch (+2),
    Spot (+2), Take Someone Out (+2)
    [ GEAR ]
    Stealth Hardsuit, Medium Signature,
    Light A/C, Patch x2,
    Sleeping Bag
    [ TALENTS ]
    Brutal 1, Crack Shot 1, Infiltrator 1
    [ MECH ]
    « DULL ROAR »
    GMS Everest
    H:0 A:2 S:0 E:0 SIZE:1
    STRUCTURE:4/4 HP:12/12 ARMOR:0
    STRESS:4/4 HEAT:0/6 REPAIR:5/5
    ATK BONUS:0 TECH ATK:0 LTD BONUS:0
    SPD:5 EVA:10 EDEF:8 SENS:10 SAVE:10
    [ WEAPONS ]
    MAIN MOUNT: Thermal Rifle
    HEAVY MOUNT: Anti-Materiel Rifle
    FLEX MOUNT: Nexus (Light) / Segment Knife
    [ SYSTEMS ]
    Personalizations, Rapid Burst Jump Jets System,
    Pattern-A Smoke Charges, Custom Paint Job

Leo Royston is on his third name.

Originally born as Daud Sliney to parents who had more children than they cared to care for, he was “encouraged” to seek his fortune off-world as soon as it was feasible. Daud barely needed the push; he shipped off from his family the instant it became available, taking the first shady offer for escape that he was given.

This shady offer off-world did not end as poorly as it could have; Daud was robbed, forced into what amounted to enslavement to the crew during the voyage, and left for dead at the next stop, rather than anything worse. Daud spent a few years scraping together what he could of a life from those inauspicious beginnings, doing whatever he had to in order to make it to the next day. He discovered that he had a gift for moving quietly, a keen eye, and steady hands; skills that he honed into a modest talent at assassination.

By the time he took his first true contract, he had shed his old name; Daud Sliney was now Ephraim Spang, an identity he had stolen from a few different sources to cobble together into his own. As Ephraim, he traveled the stars, taking whatever jobs he could find, whatever they looked like. He made a small name for himself that way, though he was far from the best in any of his fields. He even learned to pilot a mech in this time.

Ephraim never intended to remain in Shotora for long. A seemingly simple job had turned out to be much larger and more complicated than he had thought, and it had gone sideways at the second-worst moment; he wasn’t killed in the aftermath, but his name reached the ears of powerful people looking for vengeance. Shotora was a small, quick stopover towards even more remote locations. Unfortunately, manna and transport out of Shotora were two things Ephraim didn’t have, and so he went looking for work once again, using the alibi “Levi Royston” to keep his whereabouts from reaching unfriendly ears.

You know the old, old saying “fool me twice, shame on me”? Well, Levi is certainly the fool, then. Once again, a simple job—assassinating a low-ranking government official—spun rapidly out of control, and before he knew it, Levi Royston was in Golgatha, a known rebel sympathizer. Essentially forced to hitch his star to the rebellion if he has any hope of leaving this rock, Levi is perhaps not the most fervent of their supporters, but his support is genuine; once he is out of the prison camp, he can start thinking about his other problems, and where to go from there.

It seems like he’s been living one day at a time for as long as he can remember, unsure if he’ll make it to the next. This mess is practically par for the course.

I'm aiming for the Artillery role, with a possible secondary position of Support, but I freely admit that I don't know exactly what I'm doing. Any advice/feedback/comments/questions are always appreciated!
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2024-03-23 at 08:37 PM.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show