View Single Post

Thread: What the Stranger Knows.

1. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: What the Stranger Knows.

(From the recruitment thread)
    Fenris started a bit when Rafe started talking to him, he was unused to casual conversation and always taken aback a little when it ensued. He continued into the room quietly, hoping to draw little attention and found a spot in a corner so he could see the room. He tried to nod and affirm at the appropriate points in the story but noticed about halfway through that Rafe was staring just a tad off to the left of where he actually was. A habit he had picked up over the years he spent under his old masters thumb, the need to not be noticed.

When Rafe was done telling his story, Fenris made a throat clearing noise and shifted himself upon his chair to draw Rafe's attention back to him. The simple sleeveless leather vest and breeches he wore creaked a bit as he moved, helping to break the habitual stealth. He answered quietly, his oddly deep for his stature voice pitched so hopefully only Rafe could hear it. "That was indeed fortunate. I rarely seem to have any type of good luck like that."

"In fact, the best I can muster was when I was able to escape captivity and strike out on my own. Finding a place with the local guild, they have given me ... tasks for which I seem to be uniquely suited. Much like yourself, a hunter of men."

All the time he talked, which was odd in itself, Fenris was taking in the positions of everyone in the room, from the gnome with her dog sitting on the floor by the fire, to the human playing with the dog, to the half dead Rafe engaging in unwanted conversation, to the half elves, etc. Watching them move about the room, people always fascinated him, then, abruptly, he remembered Rafe had asked him a question. "The ... ears? They just are, I don't actually think much about them."

Spoiler: Pic
    Show

Fenris watched the room and the others quietly, as he usually did. The lustrous silver tattoo marking him. It was visible on pretty much any exposed skin. His rough cut white hair mostly unkept matched somehow his leather vest and pants. After a bit he got up and went to the bar area to pour himself a drink.
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2024-02-28 at 06:43 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.