View Single Post

Thread: What the Stranger Knows.

1. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Default Re: What the Stranger Knows.

(From the Recruitment thread)
    In front of the guild hearth, Siobhan Sullivan leans back against her massive dog, who's stretched out on the floor to enjoy the warmth. Siobhan sits with her knees up, gripping a normal-sized mug of tea as though it were comically large. The others all have spots on the nicely-upholstered furniture, but she seems to prefer the stone floor.

She's a quiet gnome, very religious, and a bit naive. She's much better with animals than people. Which is odd, perhaps, since she's hardly young - she'd be an old woman if she were human. But she always has a smile, even when times are tough, and her skill as a healer has made her welcome in many places. Siobhan's appearance is certainly very ordinary: dark hair, a reddish sandstone skin, and grey eyes. She often goes around with a beret instead of a helmet with her shiny plate armor, in an effort to seem less threatening. Not that anyone is going to be intimidated by a 3'4" gnome, but she likes to show her face and finds helmets stuffy.

Spoiler: Image - Siobhan and Clancy mini
    Show

She sips her tea and continues her story: "So I could tell Clancy was afraid. He had his ears back and a soft growl going. I made sure he knew he was a good dog for alerting me. I took my shield, crept forwards, parted the brush with my sickle, and lo! A skunk!

"They're surprisingly un-smelly... until they're not, you know. Anyhow, I beat a quick retreat and we had a good laugh, me and Clancy."

Siobhan pauses for a moment and almost drifts off into her own thoughts, but then gives her head a little shake. She looks over at Tedras, and jokingly asks the tall, rakishly-charming half-elf, "How would you have handled that, I wonder! A skunk must be the worst enemy of someone who smells as nice as you always do."

After the conversation has gone on for a little while past her, Siobhan gets lost in her own thoughts again. Staring absentmindedly at the fireplace and the mantle, suddenly out of the blue she asks the question which must be on everyone's mind: "Wait, is the 'Golden Vault' the name of the music box? I thought it was just... a name for us. Don't laugh at me. Did somebody spike the tea again?"

Siobhan looks embarrassed and tries to shrug it off. "Sorry, the pause before we get instructions always makes me nervous. And it's annoying that I need others' help just to reach the music box even when I'm the one with a key."
    Last edited by Archemist; 2024-03-01 at 02:32 PM.