Thread: Bel's RHoD: Chapter 1 [IC]

1. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Bel's RHoD: Chapter 1 [IC]

DAY 1
    Weather: Overcast
    Time: Afternoon

The Witchwood

As the dust settles after the intense encounter with the Girallons, the group stands amidst the aftermath, their hearts heavy. Michael kneels beside his fallen griffon, a mix of sorrow and resolve etched across his face. The magnificent creature, a loyal companion through countless adventures, lies still, its life extinguished by the brutal attack.

Jorr emerges from his hiding spot, his expression grim but relieved to see the group mostly unharmed. "We should get moving," he states flatly, his gaze lingering on the scene. "Wasn't about to put my pups in no danger against those monsters. No sense in risking them for a fight we can avoid."

He looks pointedly at his dogs, which stay close by his side, a silent testament to his first priority – their safety. Jorr's practical, survival-driven mindset leaves no room for unnecessary heroics, especially when it comes to protecting his "family."

Michael stands up, his decision made amidst the turmoil of loss. "I need to head back," he announces, his voice carrying a weight of finality. "I have to take care of...this." He gestures to his fallen griffon, the bond between them more than evident in his grief-stricken demeanor, you notice a griffon feather tightly held in his hands.

Before turning to leave, Michael moves among the group, offering healing to anyone who's been injured in the fray. His actions are methodical, a distraction from his pain, as he ensures his companions are tended to before he departs.

"I'm sorry," he says, not just for leaving, but for the loss they all share in that moment. With a final nod to Jorr and the others, Michael sets off on the path back home, his steps slow and heavy with the weight of his loss.

Jorr watches him go, then turns to the rest of the group. "Let's move," he urges, the urgency in his voice clear. "We've got a mission to complete, and daylight's wasting." With that, Jorr leads the way forward, the group's resolve hardened by the day's events, their path forever altered by the encounter in the woods.

Spoiler
    Show

Assume all damage is healed by Michael before he leaves.
    Marching order please
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2024-02-27 at 05:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!