"I would expect nothing different, Miss Kroft." Whether that was a compliment or an insult would be left to the reader.

~~~~~~

At the mention of the reviews of his last play, Aliani let out a friendly disarming chuckle. "Oh, heavens no. If I had a copper for every critic, I'd be a very wealthy man, would I not?"

Sizing the man up, it seemed clear that building his business -- for all the things that entails, the money first probably, it was always the money -- was foremost on his mind. An acceptable angle to

He took the gnome's hand in a friendly but firm shake, stooping down to one knee to meet the man on his level. "I'm most pleased to meet you, Mr. Bartlebee. It's ... well, it's that very thing you've started upon that is what brings me here. My own source has let me know what you're going to publish, and I'm -- well, as a concerned citizen of Korvosa, I'd hate to have your fine publication's reputation tarnished by inaccuracy. We're only as good as our word after all, and how would it look if you ran with the story and it ended up being totally wrong? People come to the Gazette for the truth after all, and getting something like this wrong, that could set you back quite a bit couldn't it?

Do you have somewhere private we might discuss? I'd be happy to share what I know of the matter. An exclusive inside scoop, if you will."

Spoiler: OOC
Show
I'll take 10 on Diplomacy, for a 19, trying to influence attitude.