Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
One thing that might speak against it being the result of a power use is that Cao seems like kind of an odd target. He was more trusted than D1, but I don't think he was at the top of anyone's townreads (though he did have a claimed power, which I guess they might have wanted to get rid of). Though I suppose it might be a targetable power (like, maybe BW has something like "the first time you're about to be busted, a random person voting you is busted instead" or something like that), in which case it could make sense.

And thanks for the explanation about the numbers, it does seem to make sense (even if it's an odd coincidence that the person seven steps away from the intended target ended up dying).

- - - Updated - - -

The above should obviously read "it might not be a targetable power".

Also, the forum seems to be feeling bad again, as I took me roughly five weeks to make this post.
First thought: could be it's not coincidence and whoever did it was trying to create this exact confusion about which way the lucky number shifts things. Idk how much weight to give that possibility tho.

Second thought: it might be a defensive move. Like, the way wagons should've worked, it was a race between blade and book? If one of them is a wolf, maybe a scumbuddy used a 1/game silent "I decide the yeet" power to save them. As for why cao...he was nonwolf claiming an info power yeah? Not a bad target for scumteam.

Third thought: this might just be an extra bastard mechanic? No real evidence to that but it's possible.

- - - Updated - - -

First thought plus second points to scum!blade a bit but I'm hesitant to declare that a certainty, in no small part because between the extra votes, the accid3ntally missing vote, and the vote shifting, getting confused about what happened is perfectly reasonable.