Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
Thanks Auranghzeb!

Small request, can the 16 and char gen rule stuff be posted to the OP please?

Transposing my rolls and concept to one location:

(3d6b2)[4] +6
(3d6b2)[5] +6
(3d6b2)[7] +6
(3d6b2)[9] +6
(3d6b2)[10] +6
(3d6b2)[10] +6

Brannick the Bold
Spoiler
Show

Description

Tall and strong, Brannick stands like a regal noble lord, he has the bearing, but upon closer inspection, he is a little rugged around the edges. His steel blue eyes pierce through his ruggedness, contrasting to his grey hair and beard, almost as if he has seen things. His tagged but yet, royal looking cloak hang on his shoulders, with his royal blue coat underneath.

Personality

Brannick is a thoughtful man, and applies this to all of his actions, attempting to figure things out, and apply the correct amount of effort as is appropriate. While smart, he is more of a social butterfly, and can rub elbows with nobles and beggars alike, a poor facsimile of a Paladin.

Background

Brannick is a bastard son of a noble long dead to the city, though their ancestors may remain within the city proper as the elite. Not So for Brannick, being the bastard son, he was given no heed, and was left to fend for himself. His family dates back to the old Suel Empire. And, having stumbled upon an ancient grimoire of Ancient Suloise, he realized what he found was perhaps valuable to some, he absconded with the tome, and fled the city. He became a self made man on a mission, he was hunting for anything that could help him read his book, so he could learn its secrets and unlock them. Hopefully becoming something along the way, and not having to rely on his family, who doesn't even recognize him anyway.

He has found his way back to the city of his origins, book in hand, and new, but old language learned, what could he find here that could help him on his transformative journey....

Mechanics

Fighter into Suel Archanamach

EDIT: mechanically i was hoping to start in something with full bab and then move into Suel Archanamach later on. I was thinking straight fighter, but now maybe Spelless Ranger? Maybe a combo of Warrior Ranger to remove spells, and then Arcane hunter? but now im thinking having a spattering of small wis based spells might be useful later on, as well as fit nicely into the theme of the character, a dashing rogue in exile returning, prodigal son kind of thing.

EDIT: and now im seeing we have a ranger, so maybe Fighter, back to my original idea.
Consider the BAB requisite for Suel Archanamach waived, You cant take the class at lvl 6. Maybe that helps you with the build. Consider a cloistered cleric crusader

The hexblade is a good entry. But yes, the party may lack some divine power, but who needs clerics?

Quote Originally Posted by Rilem View Post
Thanks very much! Very glad to be here.

Looking ahead, will probably pick up a level of either Whirling Frenzy Barbarian (immediately) or Crusader (prob. at level 5). Both seem to lean toward unstructured, seat-of-the-pants fighting; Eli isn't a trained fighter.

WIP sheet

moving over my earlier stuff as well:
Spoiler: rolls
Show

(3d6b2)[11] +6
(3d6b2)[7] +6
(3d6b2)[8] +6
(3d6b2)[10] +6
(3d6b2)[10] +6
(3d6b2)[8] +6

Spoiler: intro
Show
There's somebody like Elliot on every boat. And in every bar, for that matter. And Elliot himself has spent much of his life in one or on the other.

He spent his childhood with his fisherman father, trawling the near shores off of Sasserine. Nearly drowned in a storm at age 16, after which he promised his mother he’d stay off the water.

These days he’s the most popular person at his uncle’s bar in the Champion’s District — and would be even if he wasn’t the one pouring drinks. You probably know the guy: He’s the one who starts a song that others join, or who can poke fun at the other regulars without leaving any hard feelings … usually. He’s grown into his frame now and he’s a big fella with a big smile — think a young Robbie Coltrane — able to end a bar fight just by announcing it’s over.

He misses the water, though, and he worries that the time’s coming when he’ll have to disappoint his mother.
I have no issues if you pick crusader but I gotta say that an "untrained ToB class" is kind of an oxymoron. How much are you interested in bardic abilities? Would you like to work on a Skald type of character? A foul mouthed inspirational barbaric pirate? I may give you a way,

Quote Originally Posted by ProudGrognard View Post
So, I am back.

Here is Tefkros, the elven ranger charsheet. Still WIP. If I have made any mistakes please tell me, it has been a while since my 3.5 days.

Spoiler: Tefkros
Show

History
Tefkros Telamonassa is a young elf, hailing from the clan of Nastaroquen in the Amado jungle. Tefkros' people have resided in these lands since time immemorial, and enjoy a certain status among the other elven and non-elven clans. The Nastaroquen are hunters and tamers of wild beasts, herbalists of some renown and lorekeepers of Solonor Thelandira and Fenmarel Mestarine. Tefkros learned to hunt and to fight from the clan's hunters, and the basis of the Clan's herbal magic from the lorekeepers. In the young age of 100, he was considered a fair shot even by elven standards.
But Tefkros was a bit strange, by the standards of his people. Something called to him, but he did not know what. He often ignored the demands of his clan and went out alone, paddling in the rivers or scouting in the very borders of elven lands . He also displayed a great love of luxury and of comforts, resulting in him trading objects and objects that would have been useful for the clan, for things that made Tefkros’ life more comfortable. His elders chided him again and again, but Tefkros continued to defy them. The final straw was a trading journey to the Emerald Cove, where Tefkros saw the sea for the first time. His heart was captivated,by the city and by the sea both. Despite the behests of his family and friends, he went back to the sea the first chance he got. His elders disavowed him and sentenced him to become an outcast for the next century. Tefkros, furious, denounced them in turn and vowed that this was not a punishment, but a blessing. Privately, he vowed to go back in fame and fortune, and prove these doddering old men and women fools.
This is how, fifty years ago, Tefkros ended up in Sasserine, with the clothes on his back, his gear and a few scant coins, barely speaking the language. It took him years to get used to life in the human city and decades to get accepted as a native. But Tefkros did not care. He was happy to sail the large human ships as a sailor, a warrior and a hunter. He was happy to live near the eternal but everchanging sea. He even made friends with these short-lived humans. Over the years, his skills adapted to his new life. He is still an archer and a tracker of some renown, and with a fair reputation for impartiality. Why would do petty, short-lived, human intrigues concern him?

Questions for the dear DM
- How free are we to create background details? Tefkros has been in town for fifty years. I would picture him having associates, crews he has sailed with, antagonists and employers. Can I make those up?
-A similar question: Apart from the info you have already provided, what else from the AP guide is valid? The districts, persons, map? What about languages and deities? I plan for Tefkros to have focused on more peripheral elven deities.
-I gave him the Loner flaw, which means to animal companion. I don't picture him as having one. I would like for him to go the Deepwood Sniper route, if that is OK. His 'spells' will be his herblore.
- To show his love for the sea, I have him Sailor, Rope Use, Balance, things he would have learned as a crew member, even a fighting one. I picture him as having a small boat - an "elven war canoe" in his mind- that he likes to take out. I will put that in my equipment.

Questions for fellow players
- Would anyone like to entangle backstories? I would guess that Aron and Eli would have the chance to know and/or have worked with Tefkros.
-Quite free, In any case I'll tell you if something is off or would not work. Is only natural Tefkros has knowledge of the Jeklea Bay and the Amedio Jungle surrounding Sasserine, but remember that at lvl 3, he is also likely to hav limited adventuring experience. Let's not get crazy on that.
-I rather not use too much material straight away. I think a good start is that you may have crossed paths with the Jade Ravens, a group of Neutral Mercenaries, during the last 5 years. And well, you remember the times of the Sea Prince tyranny, you may even have participated, low-key in their demise after the Scarlett Brotherhood took out their leaders. Maybe some low level sabotage of ships etc.
-Deepwood sniper is fine (maybe deckwood sniper fluff at some point).
-Nice, and I love the elven war canoe idea.