Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
I want to ask a couple questions:

First, do we still have the Distinction for Amelia Blaine and Crew, since they came along to the after-battle party? I’m pretty sure I can justify Suicidal Overconfidence Youthful Arrogance for trash talk (“I’m not afraid of you Johnny Storm! You’re not my mom you don’t get to tell me what to do!”), but for future reference.
Let's say that the party crowd in general is a distinction, but not them specifically - Amelia is still there, but the crew isn't really "on the job."

Second, if we get into a physical fight and I want Sleeper to try to knock someone out with sleep gas, would that be Physical Stress, a Complication or does it depend? (And I don’t just mean for this encounter, I mean in general. It’s his name, it’s going to come up sooner or later!)
The book says:

"Physical stress is bodily injury, exhaustion, the effects of toxins or chemicals, and so forth.

Mental stress is confusion, lack of concentration, mental fatigue, and the results of telepathic assault.

Emotional stress is despair, fear, anger, or any number of negative emotional states."

So I would say, yes, that is normally physical stress. It could be portrayed as a complication if it was less "you're exhausted" and more "you want to go home and take a nap," maybe.