View Single Post

Thread: Day of the Octopus

1. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Day of the Octopus

Damn it. Kaine tries to shrink away from the confrontation, from the drama. This isn't my problem. I can't afford to make this my problem. 'Susan' can handle herself; she's a big girl, a metahuman big girl. Kaine tries to shrink away from the confrontation.

Damn it.

"Yeah, you tell her, Storm. You tell her." Kaine does the last thing he wants to do... he raises his voice for the crowd. "How dare this shameless hussy besmirch your sister's good name by... by... by thwarting a gang of metahuman criminals and saving a dozen innocent lives. How dare she associate Susan Richards with such low down, dirty acts of heroism? Come on, everyone! Tell this filthy impostor that we all know that the real Susan Richards would never risk her precious life and limb to save any of us!"

Kaine leans in close to Johnny and whispers harshly, "That what you're trying to say here, Storm? You trying to protect your sister's sterling reputation from people dressing up like her and performing senseless acts of random kindness? Apologize to your 'sister', shut your damn cakehole, and let's take this conversation somewhere where we can get some answers and the Fourth Estate can't."

OOC: 9/d8 Emotional Stress on Johnny. I should have rolled Menace as 2d8 and spent a Plot Point to create a 'Hostile Crowd' Asset.
    Last edited by DammitVictor; 2024-02-22 at 02:02 PM.