Quote Originally Posted by my cards
🂺🃆
A 16.
Too tired to do the actual statistics. But a 5 or lower, or a face-card, is helpful. That's probably over 50% odds of a better hand. Besides, if I bust, that gives intel.
So I'll take another card. Hit me!

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
A strangled yelp cuts through the air, jarring you all from your thoughts. You can see a man being drug deeper into the building by another one of the wheeled robots. One arm hangs uselessly at his side, the other firmly in the grasp of the machine. His face, white from the pain, is contorted in fear as his feet kick out in vain on the carpeted floor.

"Nnn-no! No! I can win it back, I swear! It was just a bum machine, it kept lining up wrong! My luck's bound to turn!"

The smiling face of the robot flickers cheerfully as it continues on its path, either unhearing or uncaring to his companion's desperate pleas. Eventually, the pair is lost to sight and the man's voice fades behind the low hum of electricity and hushed conversation.

flat_footed has been busted. He was The Narrator.
Query: is the Narrator's death not at the beginning due to something, or simply flavor text forgotten until after game start...

Quote Originally Posted by Let'sGetKraken View Post
Alright, fine then Athedia, don't deal me in.

So, uh. That is probably not a good thing? Either we have a dayvig, a role guesser, or something else?
Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
@Kraken. Why would a dayvig target the narrator?
Could be a dayvig not wanting to kill anybody today, but wanting to test their power and potentially eliminate some bastardy elements by removing an active Narrator.
If that were the case, I think they'd use it later in the Day, though.

I lean towards this is just fluff flat always planned on posting.

We should see what flavor text is used for deaths/lynches. If "has been busted" has a certain meaning, is the one used for all things, or isn't used again--that might help solve the mystery (or at least give a good guess.)

---

Oh--and on fluff for new players/folk not in Rogan's Hivemind: AV said something like "why do folk keep giving me guns". Context: she was the vig last game. (Or, well, essentially. Town powers worked weird that game, but essentially the town vig.)