Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
Yeah, fair enough. She's more of an all round adventurer than a knight, anyway. Squire's got a lot of things that might be good for Taalia's loose trajectory - etiquette, strike mighty blow, animal training, another hit of Dodge, Charm, Ride... But it might just be that I like that career!

Veteran I still writhe at a bit because it's ... well, it's about Veterancy. Taalia has awesome amatuer talent and potential on the battlefield, but Veteran (in this career-deep version of the game I'm running for you) is about fighting big battles many times. I'd want to tread it with the same level of attention that we did for Taalia's time as a slave, as a farmer, as a tradeswoman, as a militiawoman... Taalia could do it, but it would be something of a divergence from her current goal of getting to Altdorf and Nuln. I don't like it just as a combat-effective way to spend XP on the way there, y'know?

Honorable mention, by the way, to the Explorer career. Given the amount of roving Taalia is doing, it's a neat thematic fit. Or scout for that matter? Perhaps through outrider? Food for thought.

Ahh, being a bit tight on ye olde Veteran huh? Fair enough, very well.

I am a bit torn on spending exp to advance and keep her relevant in game, but also to save it up. If she does end up becoming Golden Gandalf or something, she's already 3k exp into life; that's a huge exp sink.

Explorer is a possibility. She'll need to buy a horse.