Quote Originally Posted by Roguewolf View Post
Arata's eyes widen as he watches the scene and his expression is almost one of shared pain. "I don't know what that first word was, but I have a decent guess." He winces and starts to laugh with Chrétien so he feels a bit better.

Koji looks around to try and find something for the Frenchman, before running off. Yoshiro has an extremely pained expression on his face, as though he had wanted to try it, but now was glad he hadn't.

"Guess so, hopefully, the rest of the year is not as heated as that." Arata chuckles. "Good show though, Chrétien-san! I do hope that your uncle won't blame me too much for it either." He smiles.

After a few minutes, Koji comes running back, handing a small bottle to Chrétien. "Here ya go, bud. Now if your main card they show you is the Wheel of Fortune, I'll have some concerns." He laughs a bit.
“The only thing my uncle will blame you for is his not being here to see my face when I bit into the takoyaki,” Chrétien assured them. “And if the Wheel of Fortune is drawn for me, mes amis, I will have none to blame but myself and will, indeed embrace what comes of it as best I can. Like the moon, Fortune waxes and wanes and none may know what she will bring to us. Or so the song goes at the start of the film Excalibur.”

He smiled after another brief cough and swig from the bottle Koji provided. “I don’t know if it is likely to have been seen here. Kurosawa’s Ran is a more likely tragedy for you to have seen. Although Arthurian Romance is not so clear cut as to fit neatly into comedy and tragedy — although Fortuna plays her part in such tales.”