Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty Shrdlu View Post
Hmm... If Bloodfeast is too heavy for Calder to lift, they're both going to hit the floor with Calder landing on top of Bloodfeast who may or may not let go.

Calder's too big for Bloodfeast to shake around, but normal predator behavior would be to either hold on and crush the neck or clamp down and pull, trying to rip his throat out. No matter how well it works, I think Bloodfeast has Calder's undivided attention for a while.

Does Bloodfeast revert to being a wild untamed dinosaur in the anti-magic field? If so it's a good thing he probably actually likes Belkar. And we know he really likes Mr. Scruffy.
I think taming is an extraordinary ability, not a magical one. Belkar's wisdom is too low to cast any Ranger "be my animal buddy" spells. I think Bloodfeast is Belkar's buddy even in an AMF. And it would suck beyond all comprehension if Bloodfeast finishes off Calder, Belkar steps forward to pet him, and Bloodfeast eats Belkar. Rich wouldn't do that to me.

Agree, once a predator gets its jaws around a prey's throat, the usual instinct is to keep on biting. Calder has no choice but to get Bloodfeast to let go, and that probably means inflicting a lot of damage. In the meantime the rest of the Order is going to go to town on him.