View Single Post

Thread: The Crimson Echo Season Four

1. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Crimson Echo Season Four

"Pah, confession by torture? What, were they too lazy to get her to confess to the murder of Aroden while they were at it?" Dalen scoffs, "nonetheless, I anticipate the Arbiters will find this a convenient scapegoat and with the added pressure of this publication I find it hard to believe they'll come to any other verdict,"

Dalen looks about the room, "if there is any hope of averting this ruling, it will be in poking a hole in the confession. In our investigations under Ileosa we have determined many facts about the murder. We need to undermine that confession by showing it inconsistent with those facts, that the specific acts Trinia confessed to were not the means by which Eodred died. It will be difficult to convince the Arbiters, but getting them on Trinia's side is a trifle compared to the mob,"

Dalen eyes Silas and Aliani, "one way or another, time is drawing short for Trinia Sabor. If there is anything you plan on doing on her behalf, it's now or never,"

He then turns to Kroft, "I have some magic that can harmlessly incapacitate a dozen to two dozen townsfolk, but perhaps more useful would be a simple divination spell. It can pick up on information passing as rumor and hearsay through the town, such as the identities of anyone attempting to lead this mob. It could make apprehension relatively quick. But the spell can't determine anything that will happen in the future, so our timing window is narrow,"
    Last edited by Darvin; 2024-02-19 at 01:35 PM.