While it may well have been the literal place of her birth, or rather: rebirth, Arin wonders if it would be an affront to her goddess if she literally swore to never return to the sewers, but time and circumstance would later make a liar out of herself.

Do all paladins think about these sorts of things? The fear of The Bad Place had since faded, because while awake she literally could not sense fear, but the lack of a proper direction haunted her still. So she had best get a start on something she kept telling herself as she unfurled the white cloak she'd kept clean and away from the filth of the sewer for this very moment. Somehow, the cloak flourished in a sudden breeze as if all the gods wished for her to experience a flare of drama before getting on with her new reality, which helped her move with purpose. That, and the size of the cloak hid (most of) the fact she was rather well armed... The sword she carried was new, unused by her hands but she carried it with a preternatural familiarity so she didn't trip up or stumble with it, even as she tugged on a set of boots she'd also not worn until she was well out of the sewer. Fortunately she was adroit enough to avoid stumbling even while keeping a stride, too.

But being mistaken for a child... that was a different kind of stumble altogether...

"I'm afraid, Sargeant Saldado, that while I am no less an acquaintance, you have mistaken me for someone else," her voice is even and slightly deeper than that of a preteen, "But I'm afraid I must insist on making a social call to the Field-Commissioner. Especially with all that's been going on. Don't worry though; I'm much too small to make any waves that you good servicemen would need concern yourselves with..."

Spoiler: OOC/Rolls
Show

Diplomacy: (1d20+10)[19]